Wednesday 26 March 2014

COMFORT FOR A WEAK SOUL :-)


What we fail to tell others when one accepts Jesus in his/her life is,life won't be a fairytale.But in the midst of discouragement,heartache and pain,Jesus will be there to bring comfort and "peace that passeth all understanding".In fact,as I was reading this week's Sabbath school lesson I realised that as christians,we should expect suffering.We are not immune to it,but we've got strength to withstand it.Which reminds me,Scripture has all these promises that bring comfort to the soul,and for me,there are two verses that do that for me:


1 Corinthians 10:13

New International Version (NIV)


13 No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.


Isaiah 26:3

New International Version (NIV)



3 You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...