Wednesday 31 October 2018

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to me. I hold him dearly to my heart. I met him in August and if you read my blog, you'll remember I shared a letter that he wrote.

So this elderly man was a teacher and then became a school principal. But what stands out for me is his love for mankind. The first time we met, he shared his creamed buns with me. He shares with everyone. He speaks kindly, he complements others, whether by mentioning how good they look or just something good that they are doing ; he speaks a word in season, brings food and reminds me to eat or to take a break.

I've had the pleasure of typing documents for him and I must say, I am always inspired to keep writing, reading and just be the best that I can be.

We also share a love for writing, thoroughness and teaching.

I also met another elderly man. He spoke so gently. I shared a pamplet with him but the words he spoke really touched my heart. While speaking to another man, he said all that God does is good. He also admonished us to live Cbristianity because through our misconduct we misrepresent God. This has honestly made me think quite a bit. Titus 1:16 comes to mind.

It's so comforting to see godly men who are gentle, kind, considerate - attesting to the fact that God is able to raise godly men regardless of heredity or social standards.

This is particularly refreshing to someone like me, who does not have a godly father figure.

I am thankful for hearts who love and who by their conduct point me to God. True greatness is character.

P/S If there are spelling errors it's because I'm using my phone. I'm still getting used to blogging here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...