Monday 1 October 2018

Starting October with blessings all around




30 September 2018

Yesterday was such a blessing. I and my friends went on a sisterhood outing. To top it up, we had the lovely company of my friend’s daughter who is 9 years old and a 16 year old. It was her birthday so we celebrated it with her and it was so lovely. Whenever we meet I am always blessed and I cannot begin to thank God for this particular sisterhood because it’s touching every sphere of my life in a positive way. And for the first time, I realize my dreams are valid and they will come to fruition because of their counsel. It was such a lovely day and it’s engrafted in my heart. And I discovered one of the sisters has been writing as well! Lovely!

01 October 2018

The Lord is faithful. He has carried me through for the past 9 months and I cannot thank God enough. This morning started quite well. I had to rush somewhere before going to work and my brother stood in for me J (see why I’m blessed?). As I was in the taxi, an elderly man came in. At some point, as I was looking at him, I couldn’t help but believe he was once a teacher in my junior secondary school. I kept looking at him when he wasn’t looking at my direction and I finally plucked up the courage to ask: are you Mr.Jobela who once taught in Garrett? He initially said no, and jokingly said: yes, I am. He then confirmed his suspicion of me as well. I think he knew me because I was a head girl and a ‘good’ girl LOL. We then went on to speak about the current state of education and we agreed on every point. It was such a lovely, fulfilling conversation and I wished to not get off at my stop to continue with the conversation. He then gave me his blessing with regards to the future and gave me a hug. What a man! Such a humble father. I was really encouraged and blessed to know that he still remembered me and he’s one of the people rooting out for me.

Then when I returned to work, it was messy. Our printing/copying machine was out of order but praise God my brother was there. Let’s just say he discovered that the other printer that was not vacant is actually working. I’m surrounded by great minds I must say. Then, after a few customers came in, a middle aged man from our church came in and I assisted him. It was a blessing and his farewell words were: “umgcine lomntana mama” which can be loosely translated as “treasure this child”. It was such a blessing. I treasure these words honestly. More than anything, I treasure what my mom has been to me. She has been an encouragement and a constant reminder that I should not give up. There’s so much I admire about my mom and one of these days I’ll reflect. And she fixed our printing/copying machine too! See? Great minds I tell you.

All in all, October started with such blessings and it happens to be my mom’s birth month. So yay to October and awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...