Monday 22 October 2018

Are you feeling the pressure? My thoughts today


Are you feeling the pressure?

wedding-vows_2.jpg
Image Source: nyweddingco.wordpress.com
So, I’ve had about 3/4 people ask: Are you married? or Would you like to get married? or When are you getting married?
And my answer is more or less the same : I laugh, say no or not yet. Or I’m not ready yet.
And I wish people could understand:
I was born for something greater
I am more THAN my hips and my breast
I am called for something greater- outside of my marital status
I am called for something greater- outside of motherhood
I am called to Christ-likeness
And there’s a deeper conviction that the question shouldn’t be: are you married?
But, are you becoming more like Christ?
As much as I look forward to my wedding day and getting married to beloved One
It won’t mean a thing if I am not becoming Christ-like daily
I can never be a good wife, if my heart is unconverted and there’s no daily conversion
My children won’t be blessed, if sin is my daily portion
My destination is not marriage
My destination is heaven

So, I aint pressured! I’m just alright 🙂 !
My pressure: A character formed according to the divine likeness is the only treasure that we can take from this world to the next.-Maranatha 223.2 (emphasis mine)
A good character is a capital of more value than gold or silver. It is unaffacted by panics or failures, and in that day when earthly possessions shall be swept away, it will bring rich returns.-Maranatha 223.4 (emphasis mine)

[Article copied from my other blog .]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...