Wednesday 21 December 2016

Redeem the time:Part 2


While the whole Godhead and the angels cooperate in our salvation,applying every agent for us to be saved,the devil does the exact thing so that we may not be saved.

Another admonition:"Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea!for the devil is come with great wrath,because he knoweth that he hath but a short time"(Revelation 14:12).

Satan is very aware of the time he has.On the other hand,Christ,patiently yearns that all will be saved (2 Peter 3:9).It is Christ's desire that,in the short time we have on this earth we may cooperate with Him to be like Him and for the salvation of mankind.While we grow careless,while I choose a series over prayer and Bible study,the devil is working tirelessly so that I may perish.

The following statement really disturbed me:

"As the people of God approach the perils of the last days,Satan holds earnest consultation with his angels as to the most successful plan of overthrowing their faith.He sees that the popular churches are already lulled to sleep by his deceptive power.By pleasing sophistry and lying wonders he can continue to hold them under his control.Therefore he directs his angels to lay their snares especially for those who are looking for the second advent of Christ and endeavoring to keep all the commandments."-Counsels on Stewardship,p.154

The statement continues to be even scarier-God willing, I will share the rest tomorrow.

Dear friend,you and I are NOT invincible to the snares of satan nor can we stand them.Hence we need to be acquainted with the,and we need God to help to put on His armor.Prayer,watchfulness, and entire trust in God will shield us.

P/S: I hope no edits are needed :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...