Wednesday 21 December 2016

Reflections:The conclusion of the matter,God is love!

The beauty about the Christian journey is that,it is not stagnant.God is daily revealing things we thought we understood very well and makes them even more meaningful and clear.All I can say is,letting the Holy Spirit teach you is a blessing and I am thankful for this privilege,which is free to all.

For the past few weeks,I've been learning about God's love for mankind and for me specifically.What humbles me is this thought:God doesn't owe me anything yet He still chooses to love me.

In light of the plan of redemption:God,who is omniscient,foresaw sin before it existed BUT did not ordain that it should exist.Yet He still chose to create the one who will instigate it.Not only did He create satan but allowed Him time till He rebelled.Had I been in God's shoes I would have probably never created satan,after all it's not like He was obliged.Yet God still chose to,because love hopes in all things and is "unsuspecting,ever placing the most favorable construction upon the motives and acts of others"(1T,p168,169).All this because it's who God is-love (1 John 4:8)

He even went to create me and gave me free will,well aware that I'd sin,that I would resist His advances of love,choosing sin over Him.And even when I accept Him,I'd  often get blinded by self.Yet His love hopeth in all things and yearningly hopes that I'll co-operate with divinity to serve Him and man.

And the most amazing thing still is,God is the One who stood to lose much.To lose His reputation,His position:when he became incarnate-a possibility of yielding to temptation,losing adoration,and much more.

Yet love led Him to choose to be a baby,taking man's nature,with all its liabilities so that I may be reconciled with God and through His help,may no longer live for self,a slave to the flesh.

"To wit,that God was in Christ,reconciling the world unto himself,not imputing their trespasses unto them"-2 Corinthians 5:19

"For he hath made him to be sin for us,who knew no sin;that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."-2 Corinthians 5:21

"But God,who is rich in mercy,for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dear in sin,hath quickened us together with Christ,(by his grace ye are saved:)"-Ephesians 2:4-5

"For even Christ pleased not himself;but as it is written,The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me."-Romans 15:3

For more references,do read the following epistles:Ephesians,Colossians,Philippians 2:5-8.Also the book of Hebrews and The book Desire of Ages,chapter 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...