Thursday 3 November 2016

Three Year Anniversary

Today marks three years of the existence of this blog.When I started, the vision was about sharing my Christian journey and life experiences.But I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you,dear reader.So,I thank you for taking the time to read.It's encouraging.Thankful for other bloggers who inspire me on this journey,sis' Thandi your words have been a healing balm,have revived and informed,thank you.And to many I keep coming across.

Blogging has it's challenges.I think for me I always fear writing about something that doesn't mean much to me. So I try to never write for the sake of writing. My biggest worry has been meeting people who read my blog.I fear that they may not find a reflection of my blog in person.Lol,I had a hard time with a certain sweet soul who had read my blog and I felt vulnerabe.But with age I have learnt that authenticity is important.

My vision for my blog has grown too.I have had opportunities to share but I prefer small engagements, where we as sisters are able to sit and exchange ideas,having the word as our standard.My blog is not really exclusive.Initially,it was for everyone and it still is.But my heart is more concerned with ladies. My desire is that each lady may fully understand her worth in Christ,understand her calling and know truth that will lead her to salvation.So,most times I have shared on that.

But as I have continued to walk with Christ I have realized there is a truth for this time,that everyone on earth must know to prepare to meet God and the crisis that is soon to come. There is a standard set by God,that we all must meet.So, i have a duty to warn the world.So,my blog will be more on that in the next year,God willing.

My desire for each one of you is to know God truly and prepare to meet Him.It's my wish that as Christians we'll create an environment whether it is safe for people to come as they are,and to behold Christ together and be changed to His image. I really look forward to the day it wouldn't be a shame to talk and pray for each other's struggles and I  think that's why I'm open to share my struggles now and again.

I might move this blog to WordPress because I love its look and I have another blog.So,I'm thinking of combining it.Until then,may you be encouraged by this thought:

"Satan assailed Christ with his fiercest and most subtle temptations,but he was repulsed in every conflict.Those battles were fought in our behalf;those victories make it possible for us  to conquer. Christ will give strength to all who seek it.No man without his own consent can be overcome by Satan.The tempter has no power to control the will or force the soul to sin.He may distress,but he cannot contaminate.He can cause agony,but not defilement. The fact that Christ has conquered should inspire His followers with courage to fight manfully the battle against sin and Satan."-The Great Controversy, Chapter 30,p.510.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...