Wednesday 2 November 2016

Thankful Wednesday:A God who cares about our spiritual life

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:I will guide thee with mine eye."-Psalm 32:8

I can testify of the fulfilment of this promise that God has given in the above text.You know God really loves us and He cares about our desires,even the ones we do not express in the form of a prayer.He cares about our physical needs,and about our spiritual needs.

Do you find yourself struggling to understand a certain doctrine or passage in His Word?Tell Him and ask Him  sincerely to teach you and He will do just that.I have seen Him do so in my
Iife.There has been moments I thought to myself perhaps only certain people were favored to understand.But I have realized that we sometimes give up too easy on our quest for truth and we do not allow the Holy Spirit to lead us.The Holy Spirit has been given to us to reveal the truth which is line with the Word of God.He never reveals anything contrary to God's Word because He is infallible since He is part of the Godhead and is the Spirit of truth (John 14:17).We should always ask for His presence when we are going to study God's Word (even in our secular studies).

So,there's a lovely girl I am teaching Biblical doctrines.I decided to share with her what Christ is currently doing in Heaven.I then asked if she knew what happened in 1844,which marked the time Christ started His work as our High Priest.Check the book of Hebrews for references but I pray that in the near future I will share here too.

Anyway it dawned that I could not really explain the 2300 days (Daniel 8:14);even though I know when they start and end. So, I wondered where I could get resources as I wanted to share thorough information, even though our study takes a form of an engagement.

Today,prompted by the Holy Spirit, I decided to sort out my mother's books neatly.And while sorting them,I came across a Sabbath school lesson from 2006,titled:The Gospel,1844,and Judgement.I got excited and paged through it and guess what? It thoroughly explains how to calculate the 2300 days.I really thank God for answering an uttered prayer :).

So,my plea is,trust God with your spiritual life because He desires that you be "saved,and come unto the knowledge of truth."1 Timothy 2:5.Of course it's not wrong to ask others who are more knowledgeable to assist,but we should never depend on them entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...