Tuesday 9 May 2017

An Authentic,Tender,Ever-lasting Love




Those who accept Christ as their personal Saviour are not left as orphans, to bear the trials of life alone. He receives them as members of the heavenly family; He bids them call His Father their Father. They are His “little ones,” dear to the heart of God, bound to Him by the most tender and abiding ties. He has toward them an exceeding tenderness, as far surpassing what our father or mother has felt toward us in our helplessness as the divine is above the human.~DA,p.327

Such wondrous love!!! I think this has just become my favorite quote--way too precious.

When we accept Christ as our personal Saviour:
  • We are not left without regard and care (orphans) to face trials alone
  • We are received as members of the heavenly family
  • God-the Father becomes our Father
  • He regards us as His little ones
  • Dear to the heart of God
  • Connected to God by tender and everlasting ties
  • God  loves us with a love greater than that which our parents have felt in our helpless state
  • God loves us with a divine love 


We will explore each (most) bulletin point  in the next blog posts. I would do an injustice to God's love, if I'd write a long blogpost including all these points.

You are loved!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...