Tuesday 16 February 2016

Lessons from travelling by train

Before I get into the lessons I've learnt from blog,I must admit,I really enjoy travelling by train.It's one of the things I really miss about Cape Town.It brings much peace to me.It's my time to meditate on certain things and just view the beautiful creation of God-inside the train and outside.

Travelling by train has brought funny experiences as I look back.I remember this one time I was visiting a friend in some part of Cape Town.And when I got to the exit,I couldn't find my ticket.I was scared,so I ended up going,as I thought you pay R40.

Then the other time,while visiting the same friend,I got on the next stop instead of dropping off on the one before it.And guess what?I thought I could probably walk back by foot,hahaha but I ended up going home since I was scared and it was far anyway.

Getting off the wrong stop made me to be vigilant and I always prefer sitting by the window so that I check all the train stations we pass.In fact,I refuse to sit down.I prefer standing by the door.And I now even calculate the number of stops we pass,so I can know if I've arrived to my destination,just to be safe.I know it's a bit extreme,but I enjoy it.

But this experience also has a spiritual application.When you've fallen into a certain sin,you must reflect on how you got there in the first place.Then you are to guard against everything that might lead you to fall into the same sin.The verse below explain it clearly;

2 Corinthians 7:11King James Version (KJV)

11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
 

Then yesterday I missed a train.I was 10 minutes away from reaching it and I just watched it leave me.But atleast another one followed after 30 minutes,so not bad at all :).

The whole thing of missing a train made me think about losing eternal life.There's nothing you can do about it and you just see it passing.In my case,I could get a train again.But you cannot get another chance if you lose eternal life.

 In every area of life,God speaks to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...