Monday 15 February 2016

A thought in my mind


I know of students who'd rather not eat,sleep rather than not study.The same students are willing to go on without prayer and bible study

I know of people who have persevered being mistreated by their spouses with the hope that all would get better one day

I know of people who are willing to starve themselves and save up money for something they want

I know of people who believe in love,that they are willing to go to extremes just to be in a relationship

I know of people who are driven and who have achieved much of their dreams through perseverance

But I always ask, why can't this drive for success,love,hoping for the better NOT be the same drive for one's salvation?

I mean,considering what Christ has done for us and what He has in store for us,isn't our time worth it when spent doing good,in prayer and Bible study-not as an obligation but as a privilege.Why is it that we are willing to miss prayer-the breath of life and time to commune with God,over an episode?

How can we can be willing to stick it out with someone but we are not willing to commit to God-the source of our being?

How is it that we'd rather persevere certain trials BUT WE ARE NOT WILLING TO SUFFER A LITTLE WHILE FOR Christ's sake-which is really for our own sake?

Why has God taken last place in our lives-when He's the source of everything?

I admit,there has been times when I've been tempted to watch tv/chat/blog instead of doing my evening devotion;but when I realised that I was the one missing out on having a meaningful relationship with God,I always lose sight of all the things that are not salvational to me.

But this thought still remains:why are we willing to chase after perishable things which will only break and harm us;instead of choosing the One who seeks to mend us,give us victory over sin and eternal life?

Could it be that we do not really understand of God's love for us or we take too little time to contemplate on His love?

Why is our salvation a matter of little thought to us?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...