Monday 29 February 2016

Yes,Jesus is coming!But do you know the manner of His coming? Part1

I've been podering on the manner of Christ's coming and for some time I wanted to write about it.But something would always come up.But this past Sabbath,an encounter I had made me realize how crucial is knowing the manner of His coming and sequence of events or we might miss Him.

So,as I was sitting on the train to Bellville,I decided to take my Bible and continue with reading the book of Joshua.As I was about to start reading,a brother comes in and ask if I'm a Christian and ask which church I attend.I answer him and he tells me which church he attends.

So,we started talking about Jesus' coming and he mentions that Christ will come to take those who live righteously at the present time.My heart leaped with joy.Finally,someone who knows that the grace of God enables us to live righteously in this PRESENT WORLD.He went on to talk about Matthew 24 and He mentioned how Christ's return would be secret.Then I disagreed.What about the verses in the same chapter that mention that Christ's coming would be visible to everyone,hence we are not to go when people say they see Him in a certain place.

He went on to mention that passage about one person being taken as symbolizing this.Also he used the example of Elijah and Enoch taken to heaven.Sadly,Biblically it is not so and unfortunatelely,even though we were just engaging,he led the conversation and wouldn't let me talk-and I've been learning to let people finish speaking.

And so there error goes around.But I am also thankful for the encounter because it made me realize how much I need to study God's Word and be able to know it for myself what I believe in and be able to explain to others.

Now with regards to Christ coming secretly,I'd like to pose these questions:

If that be the case,why is His coming audible to everyone and visible to everyone?
If Jesus' coming is a secret,then why would  one group crying,"this is our Lord,we have waited for Him.Let us rejoice" and the other,crying,"mountains fall on us" ?
Then when will the first resurrection be?
And how will those who pierced  him see Him in glory,if he comes secretly?
Christ would be coming as a King of Kings and does One coming in such manner,come secretly?

The problem with this theory of Christ coming secretly is,it is contrary with certain events that must happen when Jesus comes and it is a subtle lie from the devil,so that people,while thinking the are waiting for Jesus' coming,will miss Him.

I hope to do a second part soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...