Wednesday 28 January 2015

THE LESSONS GOD IS TEACHING ME: PART 2


I personally hate being a burden to the extent that I find it hard to ask or to receive help. But last week’s experience has taught me that in life we need each other and you won’t always be the one that offers help.


I was staying with a friend’s family until I could move out. Initially, it was hard because I had never stayed with strangers and depend on them for food and shelter. But as I look back, I agree that:” one cannot give unless they have received.” I now know what it’s like to be on the receiving end and I have the intense desire to help where I can.


It is my earnest prayer that, if Jesus delays, my home will be home not only to family but to those that need help.


This experience has also taught me how to live with others. You can imagine someone who’s used of living with one sibling. But all in all, I enjoyed my stay and I learnt how to share. This experience has also taught me that God allows us to meet certain individuals so that we can be strengthened in our Christian journey. The family I stayed with had an hour long study and for the first time in my life I really looked forward to the evening devotion.

I can proudly say that I've gained a family in Cape Town :).And it is my prayer that God revives a spirit of humility, kindness, love and more amongst us Christians because by so doing others will be drawn to Christ.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...