Friday 30 January 2015

WHAT IS MY/YOUR WORTH?

"You must know where you come from in order for you to know where you are going".I fully concur.

I was created by God-I was not spoken into existence nor did I evolve from an animal to become human (Genesis 1:26-27).

I was made in God's image (Genesis 1:27).

I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)-when I think of the fact that I have 11 systems that work in congruence in my body,I realize that God put some thought in creating me.

I can not be bought,I do not have a price tag-gold and silver do not even amount to my worth.I was bought by the blood of Jesus (1 Peter 1:18,19).

I am NOT a mistake,I am NOT an accident-before my mom met my father,God knew I was going to exist.I was planned beforehand (Jeremiah 1:5).

It is not by chance that I am black,Xhosa-speaking,a twin-God preplanned everything.He planned my date of birth,where I'd stay and everything about me (Acts 17:26).

I am the apple of God's eye and my name is written on His palms (Isaiah 49:16).

God knows everything about me-even the number of my hairs (Luke 12:7).

My worth is NOT defined by: possessions,physical attributes,intelligence,height,mass,smile,length of my hair or anything else.

My worth is not defined by my qualifications or my relationship status.

Instead,I find my worth in God and in no-one else. God loves me and He would have sent Jesus even if I was the only sinner on earth.

Christ died for me (John 3:16) and He wants to spend eternity with me!

Psalm 8:4-5King James Version (KJV)

"4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."

1 comment:

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...