Friday 30 January 2015

LESSONS GOD IS TEACHING ME:PART 3


What I've learnt is:you can never preach what you don't practise.If you preach it,you'll feel guilty for not putting it into practise.If you don't live according to the light you have received,you are bound to justify yourself or come with excuses.So it is with doing a particular sin(which you know God detests) and continuing doing it-it makes you detest the messenger.

I remember when I was still fond of high heels and the preacher mentioned how immodest high heels are(they change they way a woman walks,making her 'sexually appealing' and are not healthy because they make walking uncomfortable and they affect your bones).I was livid.But through the Holy Spirit and studying I accepted the message.

Until you live according to the light you have received,you are bound to come up with ideas such as,"being judged".Then,you go the extra mile of accusing the messenger for being hateful.

I just pray that I may have a receptive heart because the Christian journey is progressive.You don't reach a point where you know everything.You keep learning new doctrines of what God's will is.So,it is better to ask for clearance and to study the matter in depth before accusing people of being judgemental.

I've also learnt that the more you delay to live according to the new light you've received,especially when you have the means,you are bound to be on the opposing team.

 “The righteousness which Christ taught is conformity of heart and life to the revealed will of God. — Ellen G. White, The Desire of Ages, p. 310

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...