Sunday 22 November 2015

Getting to know God

Some time last week,while waiting for a train,I came across a lady I had seen before.So,after greeting her I initiated a conversation.I also noted that she's a Christian because she had a zcc badge on.
She then opened up to me and told me about what she was going through.My heart was heavy,but I tried counselling her.All I could was promise to keep her in my prayers.And what breaks my heart is,there are many other women facing the same challenge as her.And this has made me realize there is a lot of work that must be done in spreading the gospel.

I learnt the following lessons from my interaction with her:
-Bible study is crucial.God allows us to come across certain individuals so that we may counsel or encourage  them according to His Word.
-Many Christians do not have a knowledge of God and His will.Many are just churchgoers but they are sadly deceived into thinking they are Christians.I know this too well.Being born in an Adventist family made me see no need to make a personal decision to follow God.I thought keeping the Sabbath (which I have come to learn that I was breaking) made me a Christian and sadly this is a lie the devil feeds to many.
-The most suffering in this world is due to not adhering to God's Word.The reason the lady I was talking to is in so much pain is because she is doing something against God's Word.I don't judge her but I had to tell her.Looking at the history of the Israelites,they prospered and they were safe when they hearkened and did God's commandments.But the minute they turned away,they would either be killed or held captive.Bondage is the end of disobedience.
-It is the devil's  plan to hinder people from having a personal relationship with God.He is willing to bring whatever in your way to distract you.It could be a particular job,friendship,entertainment etc.Why?Because he knows if you don't  have a personal relationship with God,you will not know  God's will and you will not even accept Him as your Lord and Saviour,which is a prerequisite for salvation.His end goal is to make sure you don't  enjoy the benefits of having a relationship with God here on earth and living with Him eternally
-Whatever is from God will not lead you contrary from His will






2 comments:

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...