Monday 2 January 2017

Prayer is inclusive-Edited Version :)!

"I exhort therefore,that,first of all supplications,prayers,intercessions,and giving of thanks,be made for all men.
For kings,and for all that are in authority;that we may lead a quiet and peaceble life in all godliness and humility" (2 Timothy 2:1-2)

I got some powerful lessons from these two verses.Firstly,I have learnt that prayer is inclusive.Often,we pray for those we know.But we are counselled to pray for every men.

This means everyone-whether we know them personally or not does not matter.
This includes rapists,drug users,the guy who robbed me,those who hurt me and I've hurt.Because none is invincible and we all need prayer.

Secondly,those who are in leadership need prayers too. It's easy to point out the errors of those who are leading,to complain.But have we bothered to pray for them?Have we bothered to ask that God grants them wisdom,strength and all that they need to be better kings and leaders?

Do you take the time to pray for your father who is the head of the house or you are too bitter to even pray for him?What about those Christ has placed you under?Do you pray for your superiors?
What about the elders,deacons,pastors?They really need our prayers.

God continues to instuct us: "pray for them that despitefylly use you,and persecute you" (Matthew 5:44).

In fact, Jesus prayed for us while we were his enemies: "Neither pray I for these alone,but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:20).

Hadn't it been for this prayer where would you and I be?

I personally do not know any powerful agent besides prayer.

There's been times when I've been bitter,hurt,disappointed,discouraged,heartbroken and through prayer,all this was healed.

There has been moments when I held grudges because of pain and betrayal,but once I prayed for those who hurt me,I healed.This is how poweful prayer is.

Perharps one of the reasons we hold so much hate,anger,bitterness is because we do not pray for those individuals who are the cause.
Not only them,but those we hold dearly.It's not enough to say we love,prayer is needed.

We might not be able to encourage,revive,comfort,but prayer does much.

May we carry each other to the throne of grace.

Many are getting discouraged.Many are leaving the fold of God.Families are breaking up.Many need healing.We ourselves need victory over sin,strength to resist.We have no time to be lazy.

Prayer availeth much.

Through prayer,broken relations are mended.Those who love pleasure more than God are revived and inspired to choose God.I myself am a product of prayer.Had it not been for the faithful utterances of others on my behalf,I do not know where I would have been.

As we enter into a 'new year', let's commit to prayer more.To make prayer slots.To have prayer partners.To have prayerful families.

And you know what,it brings you closer to God.Try it.

This is good and acceptable to God :).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...