Monday 23 January 2017

Reflection:Time Spent with family,Part 2

The church of God is also a family.We are all children of one God.I'm thankful for the time spent at my home ch
urch.I'll miss my grannies,fathers,younger siblings and children.

Personally,I used to go to church for the sake of keeping the Sabbath.But the more I studied,I realised I also have a part to play in God's church.It goes beyond using my talents.It also includes a spirit of service.It includes showing love and more.

Over the years,as time gets closer to the end,selfishness seems to increase.It's all about oneself.For some,church is for socialization-nothing more.

Even sadder is when we become narrow-minded,forgetting that we are all struggling against sin,and the fact that we are not competing.We all desire to be saved.

"We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak,and not to please ourselves.
Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification.
For even Christ pleased not himself;but,as it is written,The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me."-Romans 15:1-3

"Bear ye one another's burdens,and so fulfill the law of Christ."-Galatians 6:2

"Let us not be desirous of vain glory,provoking one another,envying one another."-Galatians 5:26

Instead:"let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works."-Hebrews 10:24

But we cannot have such relations,if we choose to only love those whose views are the same as ours and those with dispositions we like.It goes beyond.It also includes building relations with those we are not used to,who are different.And in such,that the church grows in love.Not easy,since I personally sometimes suffer from the spirit of exclusivity (In need of grace!).

We need more than mere formalities.It's so easy to refer to "brothers" or "sisters",while in the truest sense,we act differently.Why am I only learning these things now?*screams silently*

1 Timothy 5:1-2;Titus 2:3-5 outlines how we ought to relate to each other.

Nurturing others is very important.The mind of Christ does not go around looking to be honored,but is about service.

Children are to be cherished too.They need to be loved.We need to cultivate in them a desire to know Christ personally.Christ died for them too.He even declared that they have a part in the kingdom of God.We often relate to them as if they can never understand spiritual things.An 8 year old girl once asked me:how do I know if I'm right with God?See what I mean?

These children must know the saving truths for themselves,so that they realize Christ is interested in them personally.If these lessons are given to these children,they'll make different decisions from ours.Thus being a blessing to others too.

There are many ways we can be a blessing and reach out to one another.It's in the little things.Taking the effort,giving an ear and you actually get to realize that people are going through a lot.Then we are able to actually pray for each other sincerely.And you know what is great?When the prayer has been answered.

I think of the assumptions I've had about certain individuals.Only to realise,they are totally different when you get to know them.

The church shouldn't be a place where we hurt others.A place of contention.It should be a safe place,where we are able to share our struggles,pray with and for each other.A place to learn about God.

I always ask myself,had the church been like this,would there be so many young girls falling pregnant?Young girls and boys choosing seasonal sins over eternal interest?

It starts with an individual.

Hebrews 12:3"For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself,lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds".

"Put on therefore,as the elect of God,holy and beloved,bowels of mercies,kindness,humbleness of mind (this!!!!!!!),meekness,longsuffering (pheeuw,this too!!!).
Forbearing one another,and forgiving another,if any man have a quarrel against any:even as Christ forgave you,so also do ye.
And above all these things put on charity,which is the bond of perfectness."-Colossians 3:12-14


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...