Thursday 2 August 2018

My August :)

Sanctuary of Style


August happens to be my favourite month of the year, so I am ecstatic that it has finally arrived! My favourite month because:
-I was baptised on this month
-It's a month before my birthday in September
-It's also women's month

In the past few months, I've developed a love for African history. I've missed out a lot but I am making up for it. This has opened my mind to the realities that other African women from other parts of Africa face such as: the trokosi system, female circumcision (genital mutilation), etc. I've learnt that most African women do not have the right to make their own choices concerning what they want in life. Most of them are forced to go through traumatic rite of passages (female circumcision) without their own consent, they are denied the right to education and forced to marry.

So as I was reflecting, I realised how honoured I am as a woman in South Africa and so I think, to me being a woman means so much more: I think it also means using my freedom wisely-to the benefit of others. I believe it means choosing and developing myself so that I can pass the knowledge and skills I have to others. It also means creating awareness about other women's realities and doing all in my power to help. But of course it is not limited to serving women only.

So this August I'll be researching more about women related issues in Africa and learning more about other tribes. Most importantly, I'll be looking at womanhood from God's perspective. I hope to take sometime to reflect about the past year too. Hopefully I'll be able to share here :).

In the meantime, join me:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...