Thursday 16 February 2017

Practical Lessons:To minister and give His life as a ransom to everyone (Part b)



But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.~Luke 9:55

Whose spirit did the the disciples manifest? 

Consider the following texts:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.~Isaiah 14:12-14


Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.~Ezekiel 28:17


And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.-Zechariah 3:1-4


And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.~Job 1:7-11

Traits that  come up: Quick to condemn,ever seeking to point the fault of others,hurling insults and accusations,self-centeredness, life revolves around the physical etc.

More often than not, I find these traits in me as well;but God's grace is helping.These traits often manifest themselves when  around certain individuals.I've noticed a trend where it's so quick to point errors when others have fallen into sin.Problem with this quick,condemning spirit is:We were not even there when the brother/sister was struggling.Did we go to have Bible studies with him/her,counselled,and prayed?Nope,couldn't be bothered.We often manifest the same pharasical spirit;WANTING TO CAST A STONE,LOOKING FOR OTHERS' SINS,WHEN WE OURSELVES ARE NOT PURE.

Now,do hear me out:The Bible does tell us to point out error and a procedure is outlined in Matthew 18:15-17 and rightly so.Question is,do we do it in the right spirit?Galatians 6:1.At the same time we often do not do  other duties:carrying each other's burdens (Galations 6:2;Romans 15:1-3).I've been saying this and I'll continue to say it:acquaint yourself with your brethren,be there,counsel,and then point out error.

Did the pharasees bother themselves with the salvation of the woman they brought to be stoned?What means were done for her to see Christ and in beholding His righteousness and them loving her?

In need of the mind of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...