Monday 28 September 2015

God of time

Throughout the whole Bible,we see that God operates within the confines of time,But time doesn't limit who God is and what He's able to do.The opening statemen tof the Bible is,"in the beginning" and this teaches me personally that with God,there's a specific time for everything.We are told:"when the fullness of time came,God sent His son".

The Bible goes on to tell us,"there's a time for everything" (Ecclesiastes 3) and SOP beautifully puts this concept into something powerful:"But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God's purposes know no haste and no delay."~DA,p32 

And as God continues to lead me,I have found him faithful and unchanging.I've learnt that His timing is perfect-sounds obvious,but when you've been through instances where you've wondered why God is taking too slow,you are then able to comprehend this.Through waiting,I've learnt to accept His appointed time for he knows best.And since God declares the end from the beginning,why can't we simply trust?I often beat myself over this-since God has never disappointed me.

Which reminds me of an object lesson God taught me a few months ago.I bought avocados and since I was really craving one,I decided to eat one before it was soft and ripe.I ended up regretting eating it.I then learnt that,there was nothing wrong with the avocado,the problem was the timing.Had I waited for the  right time-when it was soft,I would have enjoyed it.Often we cannot wait on the Lord and his right time and we end up not enjoying His blessings.

I think of many areas where we tend to be impatient,when we should patiently wait on Him.The benefit about waiting on him is:whatever you waited for,receives his stamp of approval and you are able to enjoy it-because things waited for are always worth it.

Secondly,while waiting we learn valuable lessons and God works on us.

May we ask God for patience,for he's able and desires to impart to us,only if we ask.And may we pray for experiences that will  develop our patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...