Wednesday 30 September 2015

SCARS SIN HAS LEFT

Yesteray,I overheard another girl say:"beingin a relationship makesme feel like I'm a girl and i'm valuable".That's one of the saddest things I've heard.It has made me realise that the scars of sin run deeper than we can ever know and all it leaves is emptimess,nakedness and a sense of worthlessness.Perhaps many women feel this and hence the desperation to be in relationships-these men add worth in the lives.Perhaps this is one of the reason some women are even willing to compromise their purity-they don't know their worth.I guess maybe this is a reason why so many women are even willing to stay in abusive relationships,are willing tobe treated anyway-because they think their worth come from a man.IT IS HEART BREAKING!

But I can  I can identify with that feeling.At some point,I thought my worth was defined by the length of my hair,the shape of my legs,the flatness of my tummy,the size of my eyes and the colour of my skin and my height.I thought I was worth something when I got good grades and I did better than the next better.I thought my worth dependend on what I had.But it was only when I understood my worth in God's eyes that I appreciated and accepted who I was.I now knowthat my worth is NOT defined by my relationship status,friends,physical attributes,achievements,possssion,strengths and my abilities.

Sadly,not many ladies know this.Some feel worth somethingwhen they are dressed in a particular way.The outward covering is used to cover the emptiness and scars that run deep inside.It's a space to be in.But this comes to mind is I try to think of what worth is:Only the jewellery designer knows and can identify the worth of the jewellery he's made.Onlookers might make certain comments and talk about changes that could make the jewellery more beautiful in their eye,but their views do not change the worth of the jewellery.

Our worth as women only comes from God.When we fully understand our worth in Him,then,our relationship statuses and other things won't matter.The fact that we're "fearfully and wonderful made" is what makes us worth much.The fact the Creator hung on the cross is what defines our worth.

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:~1 Peter 1:18-19


what is man, that thou art mindful of him?
and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands;
thou hast put all things under his feet:~Psalm 8:4-6


13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.~Psalm 139:13-14


"None but Christ can fashion anew the character that has been ruined by sin. He came to expel the demons that had controlled the will. He came to lift us up from the dust, to reshape the marred character after the pattern of His divine character, and to make it beautiful with His own glory."-DA,p38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...