Wednesday 7 October 2015

My mother

" Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."-James 1:17

One perfect gift I'm more than grateful to have is my mother.I am glad God never left the choice to choose my mother up to me.He chose who I needed.I am indebted to God for allowing me to be my mother's daughter.There are just too many things I love about my mom,but these really stand out for me:

Her sacrificial spirit:She'd rather deny herself basis needs than to see I and my brother suffer.My needs are a priority and through her,the Lord has provided for me in ways I cannot not comprehend-just at the right time.Not only does she manifests this spirit towards my twin and I,but to others as well.

She's open to correction.I have not met any mother who actually listens to her children when she's in the wrong,without pulling the "age" ticket.That's what set her apart.

She's one person I know I can ALWAYS count on.She has been there from the beginning and she continues to be there for me up until now.In my mistakes and failures she has been the one to strengthen me and to encourage me to pick up the pieces without making me feel worth less.Instead of ever bringing up my defects,she's always showered me with love and she continually lifts me up in prayer.

She allows me to talk a lot,without disturbing me.I am a matyr of making people fall asleep and  I thank her for affording me the opportunity,without manifesting any impatience.Now that I can no longer make one dear friend sleep (Agcobile),at least I have her.

She's always said that she sees me as a fellow sister in Christ or co-heir of the heavenly riches.She's lived out Christianity so that I can have a reference and she has lived such that she isn't a stumbling block in my path.

I'm more than pleased that she used to discipline me when I'd get out of hand.At those moments I used to dislike her,but I'm now much grateful for the discipline.

She's my friend
She cheers me along this road
She believes in me
She prays for me
She loves me
She laughs at my jokes

And I cannot wait to go home so that I can serve her,after all,that's the least I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...