Wednesday 21 October 2015

Can't depend on PREACHERS or ANYONE for that matter

I've been thinking a lot about the sermons that are shared in the pulpit.And most of these sermons rarely call people To repentance.I think of how while growing up I never heard about dress reform,familiarity,entertainment and may other truths for this.In fact,most of these sermons have become motivational.Present truth for this time is rarely mentioned.Truth is presented in a careless manner.

In fact,all I hear is motivational sermons.You hear about how God will take care of us and of how we just need to pray and it will be so.There's definitely nothing wrong with these truths but they live you feeling like you have no need to repent.Messages that are shared in the pulpit should be pointing out sin and prparing us to to meet God.

In fact,the messages are saying"peace,peace" while a big storm is coming.The Sunday law may come any day and do people even know how to make sure they do not fall for it?Some people do not even know that we're undergoing investigative judgement.I remember how one guy who's a visitor mentioned that one day we'll face judgement.It's a pity that those who are even visitors leave with a sense of safety and do not realise that time is no more.

When will present truth be preached.God has a message for each time and our message is different from the time of Noah,the disciples etc.We know Christ died and is risen,but are we are aware of what he's doing in the holy of holies?

We have a distinct message,which is to prepare people to meet the Lord but we are not prepared ourselves?How are we then supposed to prepare others?In fact,this has made me realise how crucial it is to study the Bible sincerely and the testimonies,because truth is scarce and we are all responsible for knowing God's will for ourselves.

We can't put our trust on anyone.In fact in Jeremiah 17 we are told one who puts his trust on anyone is cursed.As much as pastors have a solemn responsibility to give the trumpet a certain sound-to deliver messages from God that will arouse his children to leave off sin,they do not,because they themselves are worldly.Some do not want to be old school.I'm always disappointed when non SOP books are quoted in the pulpit or in studies.

We can only trust God's word and the testimonies under the influence of the Holy Spirit.Now,it is time to spend much time in prayer and studying.I wish we'd turn Sabbath opening and wednesday to study the truth because it's needed.

We cannot entirely blame preachers or pastors for not knowing the truth when God has revealed everything in His word and the testimonies.I'm always surprised at how little I know and how I need to study SOP as there's counsel for everything.

I am scared as I watch BUT God will lead.How I pray we will be proud of our message and start hearing it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...