Sunday 19 June 2016

Sabbath Reflections:11 June 2016


For the past few months my Sabbaths have been exceptional.Exceptional because of the fellowship I experience.I sincerely thank God for the sisters he has placed around me.They are amazing.It's my prayer that as a sister,I may too add value to another sisters' experiences.I've been encouraged.And I continue to be encouraged.Encouraged as I listen to the testimonies of these sisters,the beautiful lessons God teaches them and for the first time,I feel emotional at the thought of that I'll not seem some for three weeks or so.It hurts :(.I never knew how wonderful it is to dwell amongst my sisters.

Back to my Sabbath.It was holy communion and some of us shared our testimonies.One of the sister's testimonies really stood out for me and it is just beautiful.She shared how God delivered her from homosexuality and this just made me realize how deep God's love is.But the whole testimony opened my eyes to the reality of homosexuality and how many sincerely desire to come out of it.Looking back,I realise,even I have failed in how I deal with homosexuals.Often it's easy to focus on the outward sin while failing to deal with one's sins.But I remember interacting with one gay and I felt so much love for him,because God created him too.And I just pitied him because I realize most gays are discriminated against and excluded.I realize that my FIRST duty towards homosexuals is to love them and deal with them as I would with anyone I love.Most of them have been abused,hurt,hated,and even abandoned.The least I can do is to be there.I also need to introduce them to Christ who will be the One who loves them thoroughly,takes the journey with them and helps them.

I've just watched a documentary on those who've been through homosexuality and overcame.It's touvhing,heart-breaking but more than any,a testimony of God's far-reaching grace to every sin.I believe we need to learn more about this sin,so that we know how to deal with them rightly and understand them.To notonly point out the sin and the Saviour too.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...