Sunday 26 June 2016

Reflection:Being a 22 year old



I have realized that I value meaningful friendships.I value spending time with others,especially when I can learn from them and it is through spending time with others that I learn more about myself.I'm learning that there's always a lesson you can get from associating with different people and I'm at a point where I value my female sisters,as they add value to my life.

Anyway,this blogpost was 'ínspired' by my sister (in Christ) who's three years younger than me.As we were conversing today,she told me how she felt young.That's because she was surrounded by people who are  older than her.She said we were matured.Hahaha how funny.I don't think of myself as this old individual.Being 'matured' is a trait that others see IN you and it cannot be acted out,as it will only become a burden.

You cannot rush growing up.It's one area that must been enjoyed to the fullest.By enjoy I mean you should appreciate every stage you find yourself in.As a 20 year old you should not worry that you are not as 'matured' as so and so.I think the only important thing is allowing God to lead you and to constantly follow where He leads.The 'matured' part will happens on its own.You need not be pressured because others know more than you.ALL that matters is using every opportunity to become the person God wants you to be,WITHOUT worrying about whether you are like them or not.

One thing being 22 has taught me is,walk your journey with God,without being worried much about how others view you.The most important thing is your relationship with God and if that is well,and you continue to nurture it,everything else falls into place.

By rushing through life,you actually reflect and feel like you haven't lived.I think I did that-did not allow myself to be around young people since I did not want to be part of frivolous,meaningless conversations.I assumed that every young,LOUD person is like that-I'm sorry :)!But I've now learnt that one needs wisdom on how to interact.

I feel like I've been in a box where I was too scared to live,too scared to be myself,and I'm finally free.And I can honestly say life is beautiful-beautiful because God is in it.

OKAY,the whole point was,don't rush into adulthood;savor each moment.Build meaningful relationships.Laugh and go crazy-crazy in the sense that it's okay to visit your friend's room and jump on their bed (atleast when I was 20 my best friend and I did that).It's okay to allow yourself to grow without being too hard on yourself.It's okay to hold certain views even if they will wean off as you grow.You need not to come across all 'matured'.Even at 22,I'm still figuring out some things-a lot I mean,still learning about myself and so forth.



So relax.Don't worry yourself about how 25 would be like.I think I spent most days worrying about that,such that time just went by quickly.So,as much as growing older can be scary,when you live a meaningful life,at least,it's not as bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...