Tuesday 7 June 2016

Devotion and Reflections:Part 1

I can safely say,for the Christian,completeness only occurs through constant communion with God and applying whatever lesson God teaches us.Personally,whenever I slack in my devotional life,I start to feel empty.It is through prayer,study of God's Word and sharing Him that I get the most fulfillment in life.Few weeks back I started spending less time in prayer and more time listening to music and by the end of the week,I felt burnt out.I am learning that communion with God grants us peace of mind,strength,love for God more than sin and the ability to trust in God regardless of how the future looks like.

God really loves us and constantly he seeks what's best for us.God's best might not necessarily bring us joy initially but as we allow him to lead,it  is then that we see his goodness.I'm really realizing that God truly means what he says.He does not sell us dreams,but his thoughts toward us are more than we can imagine.God takes the salvation of each one of us seriously that he does all he can to make us see the bigger picture.But not only is God interested in our salvation,but also in the smallest details of our lives-our well-being,our needs,our sorrows,joys and more.It's really humbling.

For my evening devotion,I decided to read Exodus 12-15.And one thought that has always been on my mind is why God led the Israelites through the red sea?Yes,he wanted to show his greatness to the Israelites.But one thing that humbles me is the fact that He also took them through this path to save them from the Philistines.He knew that they'd be discouraged as they were not prepared to fight.How gently Christ leads us!!!He considers where we are and allow trials that are in our level.Indeed,he remembers that we are but dust!How comforting.

This he does even in our spiritual lives.Ever been so overwhelmed others know things you do not know?I have,but God has made it clear that he does not teach us the same things because we are at different levels in our spiritual journey.So,it's okay if others know what you do not know,we are all learning.So,focus on where God is leading you as an individual.Of course this doesn't mean we should be content with knowing little.

I have also learnt that nothing in the Bible is there by chance and everything/most things point to Christ as our Redeemer.Nothing that's in the Bible is there by chance.It all points to the plan of salvation.When the angel was going to kill the firstborns,God ordered the Israelites to eat meat with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.I did not realize that all these had their meaning.The unleavened bread symbolised leaving apart from sin-putting away sin.Leaven represents sin at times.While the bitter herbs symbolised the bitterness from being slaves/bound by sin.So,with regards to the Bible,there shouldn't be parts that we esteem better than others.Everything in the Bible is significant.In fact,I used to be one person who never bothered to read the genealogy.But this year,I decided to,and I got such a wonderful lesson.Hope I'll share it,either on a seminar/here.

One statement stuck with me and it is encouraging to me:

"The path where God leads the way may lie through the desert or the sea,but it is a safe path."-PP,p.290




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...