Wednesday 8 March 2017

8th March:International Women's Day

I'm not sure about how I feel concerning this day.I didn't know about its existence until yesterday through S.A fm.
But I'm not sure if it's right to invest more on girls,while the boys are neglected.After all,the world consists of both males and females.You also look at the injustices that happen:crime,rape,drug abuse--most of these are done by males.With the moral state of the country going down the drain,wouldn't it be more wise to invest in males too.

You also look at the structure of the modern day:most households are without fathers;some do have male figures,but often these male figures are passive.You also look at the leadership of this country--in shambles.But does it make sense to then say,let's rid males of mentorship and grooming to become better men and let's just focus on women-they can do better.Maybe they can--okay they can,but it's team.If men are not taught better,there will be a cycle of victimisation and our brothers would never reach their full potential.

The truth is,some men know no better.They've been exposed to only one side of it all.But what if these boys are shown the other side?Just because women have been discriminated against in the past,doesn't justify neglecting men.Just think of it.Men are also victimised too--perhaps in other ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...