Tuesday 19 April 2016

RAPE,HOW MEN SHOULD RESPOND

(Based on Genesis 34)

Rape is becoming a normal thing.Often than not,the victims are often made to feel that the fault is with them.But regardless of the reasons behind it,RAPE IS WRONG.

I read this chapter a few weeks ago and one thing stood out for me :the response of Dinah's brothers. Their question was not "what was she wearing" or "did she flirt/seduce him".But they understood the underlying principle-her consent was not taken into  account and so was her dignity.They were hurt and revenged him.Now get this : A wrong act cannot be resolved by another wrong act;but keeping quiet about it also is a problem.

Often,when I listen to talk shows are present on the issue of rape,there will be one man who'll always blame the woman and ask the validity.Now,that is a wrong reaction which angers me.Males need to be taught that females are to be respected and trated with all purity-when this is understood,they'll actually speak more on this issue.

Another thing I'd like to address is,love does not coerce.We are told that Schecem 'loved' her,but in the true sense,he did not-he lusted after her.Had he really loved her,he wouldn't have raped her,secondly,he would have married her FIRSTLY.

I think as Christians we need to start addressing the various aspects of injustice that happen in our society-because we are called to exalt justice.Moreover,we need more men who understand the value of girls and women who will NOT KEEP SILENT against such evil.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...