Sunday 17 April 2016

Sabbath Reflections,Part1

I had the best Sabbath :).I thank God for choosing where I should worship yesterday or I would have definitely missed out on the beautiful lessons that were shared.A small group of our mission group visited a church in the location-to do some facts-finding project in the afternoon.Everything went well,met lovely sisters and brothers,plus the food-too good-made me realize I can leave without vegetarian sausages etc and made me realize that I should start cooking seriously :).

But the highlight was the afternoon study.The elder that was sharing was looking at the timeline of humans and what each of us  should achieve in each stage.He started with childhood and ended with the youth stage.

Childhood

It was mentioned that one of the main things that happen in childhood is physical growth.In the Bible there are several texts that mention how the child "grew".Even in Jesus' own life we are told he grew physically (Luke 2:52).But it does not end there.I  must mention that I forgot some of the scriptures that were shared since we got the program in the middle.But one thing that was said is,the chances of a person receiving Christ decrease,if they do not accept him at the age of 12 years old

Childhood is a stage to:

  • Learn the Holy Scriptures -2 Timothy 3:15;Deuteronomy 11:19
  • Learn the law of God
  • Learn the gospel
  • To be trained for service
  • Come to Jesus - Matthew 19:14
A profound point that requires much reflection and prayer was posed : are there still faithful mothers who raise their children according to God's Word,like Timothy's granny and mother or women are absorbed in helping the husband make ends meet,while the child suffers?

To those who consider motherhood,please ponder on this issue and read the book Child Guidance so that you are well prepared.


Youth Stage

  • Time to trust in the Lord - Psalm 71:5;17
  • Time to rejoice -Ecclesiastes 11:9,10.It was mentioned that Youth is a stage to be joyful and not full of anxiety;but in us enjoying this stage,we must remember God is watching and judging us.You can use this time to discover your talents,dreams,learn new skills,musical instrument,travel etc
  • Time to remember your Creator-Ecclesiastes 12:1
  • Time to bear burdens and responsibilities - Lamentations 3:27
  • Time to be led by God- Jeremiah 3:4
  • Time to live an exemplary life - 1 Timothy 4:12
It was also mentioned that,youth is time to grow and pursue God's will and we should make the most of it;since,when you settle down you cannot just wake up and travel-you have to ask for permission either from your spouse and consider them in your decisions.

It was also stressed that,it is crucial to do the right thing at the right time
 
I cannot thank God enough for such wonderful lessons that have comforted me and equipped me at the same time.I am learning that this season of being a young person should not be treated haphazardly-but every moment should count,especially in serving the Lord!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...