Tuesday 12 April 2016

Thankful for proper functioning lower limbs


It's so easy to get absorbed in the things of this life,that we even forget to be thankful.Instead,we start acting like "we deserve" what God blesses us with.But yesterday's experience was such a sobering moment.And I pray I never get to a point where I think I deserve this or that from God.For the reality of the matter is,we are in a great controversy-a controversy of good and evil.This  controversy began as the result of disobedience to God's law and so whatever  trial we face,is as the result of it (excluding those we decide). And even if we go through them,it's for own good or for God's glory-either way.

I'm currently working in the pediatric orthopedic ward.The ward consists of children with problems with skeletomuscular system-legs,arms,spine etc.So,most patients have broken legs-through accidents.But some have been born with defects-such as rickets-and in their case,they are extreme.So,it's hard for some to even walk-some do not even walk.

A physiotherapist came to do some exercises with some little girl andshe asked her to bring her thighs together.It was really hard.The other leg is not even straight-so we have to carry her to her bed and down.It's actually sad.

Then there's a sweet,spirited boy.He has touched the atria and ventricles of my heart!He has hydrocephalus and his feet are facing inward.So,he cannot work..But he remains cheerful,loving, and is clever.We ended up being buddies-followed me around.I miss him :-(.

And so I'm thankful that I can be someone's feet
I'm thankful I can be someone's arm
Thankful that I do not have to be carried
And it's my prayer that my feet my carry the gospel,peace,love and more;instead of being quick to shed by blood.
How I pray my feet can do the work those that theweary ones cannot do

May we ever realize how thankful we ought to be!

(The pics are more or less what I get to see in the ward I'm working in)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...