Tuesday 2 August 2016

Thankful Tuesday


Of late,I have become reluctant to write because I want to apply more.I think from now on I want to spend more time growing,learning and just focusing on reality.Its so easy to talk about aspects that you are not struggling with while neglecting those you have to work on.I do not want to be a hypocrite- painting Christianity one-sided,while privately disrespecting God and have people wonder if I have two personalities.One from the blog and the real one.Perhaps I will start writing about the victories God has given me so that at least one person knows that sin is real and strength to overcome comes from Christ.

With that said,I am thankful for the gift of friendship and sisterhood.Thankful for one particular individual.During the June break we spent about three weeks together and I have learnt a lot from her.I see her as my younger sister but she has certain traits that I would like God to grant me with and being in her presence brings so much joy;not only to me but to many more.

She is gentle
She is humble
She loves serving others and loves people
She is not afraid of admitting she does not know something and has a teachable Spirit

I love how she is so absorbed with the desire to know God more and to do His will

She is just a beautiful soul to be around.She accepts others as they are and would rather submit than fight for her rights.

She loves her family.She is a good cook but more than anything a baker.

She is one amongst the younger sisters I admire.

Glad that in this world of pretense there are souls that are pure,genuine and accepting.It is so much joy to get to a point where you are not scared to admit your faults and pray with and for each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...