Wednesday 24 August 2016

You are loved by God


Sometimes,we get so obsessed about the do's that encompass the Christian life such that we lose sight of God.Even in this day and age,it is easy to focus more on God's law while removing the Law giver-God.I have come to the realization that I can only appreciate the law of God only as I know Him personally. There needs to be an appreciation and love for God first,then as we continue to love Him,His love constrains us to obey Him.

In the book Steps to Christ, we are told that a religion that does not come from the heart is dry formality.As I continue to walk this journey with God,I realize how important it is to appreciate Him.To take time daily,to reflect on His goodness and proceed to thank Him.In fact,it is the beautiful experiences I have had with God that help me to go through trials because I know Him personally-that all He does is driven by love.These experiences do not necessarily come in big events but in the little things.If we can not recognise God in the "smallest" events,how can we,in the bigger ones? I often reflect on how He always has my back and I can only serve Him with joyfulness.

Just to digress a bit,one of the modules I'm doing is Child and Human Development Psychology.Today we covered the prenatal development i.e development of the child from conception to birth. And I sat in that lecture praising God :).I was just amazed at how the child develops from a zygote,to an embryo to become a fetus.And to think that I was once a zygote in my mother's womb and how God has just protected me up until now humbles me.I also realise how sensitive pregnancy is,how the mother must be in the right environment which is good for emotional and physical well-being.It's a mystery-not a mystery but really God's righteous hand that keeps children from harm even if their mothers live carelessly.

My point is God loves us!And I came across this beautiful message that has comforted me and made me blush for much longer than I normally do when I think of God's love.How I pray it may bless you and remind you how much precious you are in God's love.

"All that was needed for existence would have been yours without the flowers and birds,but God was not content to provide what would suffice for mere existence.He has filled the earth and air and sky with glimpses of beauty to tell you of His loving thought for you.The beauty of all created things is but a gleam from the shining of His glory.If He has lavished such infinite skill upon the things of nature,for your happiness and joy,can you doubt that He will give you every needed blessing."-The Mount of Blessing,p108,par.2



(flowers taken by me,November 2015.I used to just marvel at how beautiful they are and this statement reminds me of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...