Wednesday 31 August 2016

Getting a Year older :) :Reflections

So,I'm excited :).Why, you ask? Well,it's my birthday month and God has faithfully ushered me into it-since it's the 1st of September now-biblically.

So,I'll be reflecting :)......I hope to do 23 reflections,since I'll be turning 23 in 9 days :)...

Reflection 1:The importance of sisterhood

We all need to be part of a sisterhood/brotherhood as Christians.The sisterhood mainly involves friends/individuals that God has placed in your life-whether far or near. These are friends that have the same values with you and above all,the common ground is Jesus and His Word.These are the sisters who are daily seeking to please God.They are constantly gaining victory over sin.They love God more than life itself.

These sisters pray with and for you.
 They share the Word with you
  They tell you when you err
  They share with you- whether it be their space, food, or just their time

Not only do they strengthen you in the spiritual but they also encourage you in other pursuits
They are always there to lend an ear, counsel, or just pray for you
They love you and you are secure in their love even if you may not see them for a very long time

Most importantly, when discouraged you remember that you are not alone in this narrow way.You are encouraged at the thought that there's a fellow sister walking this path with you.

Even if you love solitude like me, you need these dear sisters :).









And many more who continue to contribute in my life :)...Pity I don't have pics taken with them *hint hint* LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...