Tuesday 18 October 2016

18 October 1965 : A special day in heaven's diary :)


Today,my mom turns 51.I wish we were together.But nonetheless,I am thankful for another year bestowed upon her.I'll sure give her a lot of kisses and hugs when I get home----can't wait!(By the way,we've never been this affectionate-I think it comes with age,distance,and the growth of a relationship.)

For the past 23 years I've known my mom,I can say she's the sweetest person on earth.We're similar in personality--so we get each other;she's an introvert too :).

Calm,dedicated,and open to change.I love how she develops and  continues to grow character wise.One thing I appreciate is her openness to reproof from her children.
She's meek-hahaha,I sometimes feel like I'm abusing her though-of course I'm praying about this:). There was this instance (last year) where we had a mini disagreement,so I decided to be dramatic and not speak to her.A few moments later,she was speaking to me and I was put to shame.
Cooks the nicest foods and she still refuses to let us do our laundry
Business orientated-she tries

I love how consistent she has been
I love how the same mother she is at church,is the same mother at home-even better at home
Thankful that she used to beat us--at least through all that,I've managed to see God's love
She does not tolerate sin--will never smile while you're sinning and makes that clear to you
She played with us till we were old-I love how we could just chill at home and just spend time with her or run around the house at age 21 even!She makes our home a happy place.


She's one person I can be vulnerable to-I do not cry much but when I speak to my mom at times,I get teary
She encourages me in this road-whenever I feel discouraged,she always encourages me to give my walk with God my all.She often says ,"suffer now and enjoy later."
She's beautiful: I used to stare at her when I was about 9 and think to myself,"if only I can be beautiful as my mother"'.

Not once has she called us names or
Gotten so angry that she wouldn't speak to us-she doesn't have a temper---thank you Lord!!!Seeing that I get angered when people shout at me-personally cannot handle impulsive people;I just shut down.
She has poured her life for us-literally and continues to do so.She'll buy clothes for us while she doesn't have much herself
She has been there-through sunny days,rainy days,disappointments and she has always spoken a word in season
She's been our cheerleader:I love how she has always believed we can do it and has continued to encourage us to not give up

She is patient with our errors
Praying that soon I'll be able to show her my love for her in action
Thankful that she adapts-from being mother to being friend and sister in Christ
I love how she is willing to share-share her space,time,everything;I often make her sleep late,just telling her about my experiences and she just listens---really thankful!

I also like that she trusts us
I was worried that she'll become those mothers who make us account for everything
If I tell her this is what/where I'll be going,she allows me
This makes me accountable,knowing that she trusts me

I'm thankful that she has ever been open to listening to us
I remember how when we were young,my brother and I would share the  same story yet she wouldn't get tired
Thankful still for all the Bible stories she shared with us


I love how she is willing to take risks
I love her :)

I can go and on.All I know is,God gives good gifts.Through my mom's patience (even though not perfect),I've been able to see how God loves for me.I'm thankful for the bond we share,which is not based on conditions but founded on God.
"Through the things of nature, and the deepest and tenderest earthly ties that human hearts can know, He (God) has sought to reveal Himself to us. Yet these but imperfectly represent His love”-SC,p.10

Thankful that my mom also gives an ear and never judges when you tell her of your shortcomings;but encourages and prays for you.

It's a pity I only have one pic with her--see why I need to go home?To make memories,serve,and more.
I'll call her sometime today and then tell her to come and read this blogpost :);though she isn't that into technology.

One last thing:I love her cool approach in life--so,sometime this year it dawned me that I was getting old;to such an extent I wished I could pause the time.She then laughed off when I told her this and told me,at least you're not my age!LOL,so here's to my mom aging gracefully and making me feel way too young.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...