Monday 3 October 2016

Gratitude notes and a thought

It's been a while.I've been reluctant to write for a while;but life is dull without writing.I love sharing my thoughts so as to learn and engage.Let me start with  gratitude notes:

I'm really thankful for godly friends-who are willing to engage and learn from each other.Friends who accept you as you are and who are safe enough for you to share your heartaches,struggles,and God's Word with.More than that,I'm thankful for a God who gives good gifts :)!

I'm thankful for my mother.Thankful that God hand-picked her for me.She's one of the few people I can share my spiritual struggles with and be sure to get encouragement.Ever ready to listen and to pray for me.Oh,and she's getting a year older this month :).

A thought :

Perhaps I should dedicate an entire blogpost on this,but the issue is pressing.

After Sabbath,I had an unplanned outing with some of my dear sisters.It was a beautiful evening.So,our conversations normally include everything THAT is good to speak about.But this time around,our conversation ended up in sexual sin.It's very prevalent especially amongst the young WITHIN christendom.None of us are immune to it;it is only by God's grace and resolute resistance that we still do not fall into it.

With that said,it's very important that we start taking responsibility.I've come to the realization that sometimes,we put ourselves in situations where we are bound to fall.Lets stop that!I'd also like to highlight this to my sisters:stop blindly following someone who will put you in comprimising situations.

Yes,hugging is nice,but what's the long effect?
Why are you kissing,if you don't want to fornicate and you are unmarried?
Why do you spend time alone in closed rooms?
Why is your conversation sensual?
Why are you touching?

I can go on and on.As much as it's not right for a brother to lead you to sexual sin;it is NOT right for us as  sisters to put ourselves in situations that will make us easily tempted.It is wrong to submit when we are led to compromise.We need to uphold God's law more than anything.If it means being dumped and being single for years,then be it.Christ has given much for us.Christ-the One by whom all things consist,through whom all things are made,left heaven and died on the cross.

The least we can do is to choose Christ over passions which are the cause of much pain.

Also,let's be mindful of what we behold.If we're constantly watching sensual,suggestive music,pictures,books,etc;our thoughts will follow such a route and it will be easier to give in.God is seeking women who love Him more than a desire for marriage;women who would rather wait for His perfect gifts rather than compromise.

Regardless of our pasts,God is able to cleanse us.But it starts with the thoughts.Lets hide God's word in our hearts,so that we will answer:"it is written" and flee!

God bless!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Mercy My Friend, I am deeply touched by the topic and I feel though we may thing it is too late for us but its not too late for God to make us new creatures again. We as the big sisters now need to share with the young ones growing up behind us so that they may also have these God given eyes and not have to go through the same bad experience of loosing the one precious thing a woman has, which is virginity before marriage.

    SammahTime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear friend.Thank you so much for taking time to read.I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels this burden for the little ones.I've been praying for now.Sethu,I and Zintle had such a vision of mentoring young girls and we started;but I had to leave,so it also discontinued.Can we pray for it.I'll send you an email to continue this talk.

      Delete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...