Monday 10 October 2016

Last Reflections

 Reflection #18: You don't owe anyone answers (contextual):

This I learnt last week.Since students are protesting,the library has been closed because of them.So,I decided to go to the library in the surrounding area.So,I get there and I mind my business and my eyes focus on one book titled Dad:the power and beauty of authentic fatherhood by Craig Wilkinson.It's the most beautiful book that is slowly changing my view on males.I've learnt that men often reflect their fathers-not always.I also learnt that because some men have never had fathers or have had passive father,they do not always know what to do-how to be good fathers,so in the end,they hurt their children and their wives.In fact,they themselves are hurting from being left their fathers.

I've digressed-on my next post I'll share a few quotes from the book........Back to me being at the library.So I grabbed this book excitedly and as I was starting to read,the security guard disturbed me. (I personally do not like small talk-especially when I'm busy and when it's not for a fruitful reason).He asked me if I was there for the school holidays-no,he asked which grade I was in.Reluctantly answered that.Then he went on and on-to the point where I politely told him,"I'm reading,please don't disturb me".Then after a while,he offered to charge my phone and he also told me I should take off my jacket.Honestly,I do not appreciate such advances,whereby someone will seek to dictate what I should be doing and not doing.

I then realized it all depends on me.Then,there are those men you meet on the train-who will ask your name,your where-abouts,and then ask for your number.I dislike how they come with this attitude like they deserve to get your number.I personally cannot tolerate such attitude.I also do not really enjoy these conversations,they hurt me (hahaha,exaggeration)-they tire my frontal lobe.But then Christianity calls me to seek not my own-so even in these situations you'll try to bring up Christ.At one occasion it looked like it was going on the right direction.

So,honestly,as a 23 year old,I need wisdom when it comes to handling these predicaments.They tire me.But as I learnt that "I should not seek my own wealth,but that of another man" (1 Corinthians 11:24),it's important to have a Christ-like attitude always.Personally,I fail most times.But as it has become impressed upon my mind more vividly the seriousness of the gospel,I'm learning that "I should always  speak a word in season".Regardless of how one makes me feel.Imagine if Christ depended on his feelings to share the gospel-wouldn't have gotten far,would he?

In fact,I read a beautiful statement from Ministry of Healing whereby we are told that,we have the tendency to choose those with lovely dispositions when sharing the gospel.But if we show love to these,what difference does it make much?Our love should not be limited to such-we are told to go to those with the the least likable dispositions,show God's love and as our love draws them,they will accept Christ and be the most faithful in the cause of Christ.

I pray that the Holy Spirit may help me not to be moved from my post-sharing the gospel.When we lose site of this,it is easy to feed selfish intentions and focus on how others wound you like me.

Reflection # 19: If I've said this forgive me,but I've had a rude awakening:You cannot trust the arm of flesh-people cannot always come through for you due to other factors and the great controversy at large.

"Let us trust fully,humbly,unselfishly in God.He knows the sorrows that we feel to the depths of our being,but which we cannot express.When all things seem dark and explainable,remember the words of Christ,"What I do thou knowest not now;but thou shalt know hereafter."(John 13:7)-Ministry of Healing,p.485(i think) 

Reflection # 20: It's the little choices that matter the most

We all want to honor God,we all want to let go of those evil habits.And as much God's strength is available,we also need to be conscious of what we are doing,moment by moment.That way,it's easier to keep in check and not just jump into sin.

Reflection # 21: Your communion with God is very crucial.It sets the mood of your day.If I spend little time with God in the morning,I'm not as strengthened to face the day.

Reflection #22: Taking responsibility---hardest thing especially when you've erred.Been there,but at some point,you must;regardless of the consequences.


Reflection 23:We have a personal responsibility to reach God's ideal.We sometimes blame the church,the baptismal class etc and truth be told,it's their duty;but it does not end there.We've got to study for ourselves.And perhaps the reason we don't grow is,we wait to be fed,while doing little for ourselves to reach higher attainments.It was not until recently that I learnt that,the spiritual attainments we achieve here,we will take to heaven.

Many are of the idea that even if we accomplish little here,in heaven we will all miraculously be changed-and we will be on the same standard in the cultivated talents-UNFORTUNATELY,NOT SO.Hence,it's so important to give it our all here.

"When God's redeemed ones are called to heaven, they will not leave behind the advancement they have made in this life by beholding Christ. They will go on, learning more and still more of God. They will carry their spiritual attainments into the courts above, leaving nothing of heavenly origin in this world. As the books of heaven are opened, each overcomer is assigned his lot and place in heaven, in accordance with the advancement he has made in this life."-The Upward Look,page 248

Can I add another reflection :)? Of course I can.I personally believe when we uphold justice, it should not nullify the rights of others.

1 comment:

  1. That's so heart warming!I sometimes feel like there's something wrong with me or I'm losing my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...