Saturday 15 October 2016

Thankful Sunday

1.I'm tired.Tired-emotionally,physically,and cognitively.But amidst all that,I've got so much to be thankful for.
I'm specifically thankful for members of my mission group-they are truly a blessing to me.Although there has been moments when we have not always seen eye to eye,they add sunlight to my life.They play such a beautiful role in making me a better Christian.I think of how people will go out of their way to ensure that I get to be part of something and more.For that,I thank God.I've also gained sisters/friends whom I can pray with and for.I'm blessed:) and indeed,God gives good gifts.

2.Thankful for this Sabbath (15/10/16).I learnt a lot.It was a missionary training day and the theme for the whole day was 'that they may be one'.We covered topics such as medical missionary work,forgiveness,reconciliation and unity.I realized that,we each need to have a consistent relationship with Christ,and it is only when Christ dwells within that we're able to be united.The preacher looked at aspects that causes disunity etc.So much to apply-but thankful that God's biddings are enablings.

3.The Cherry on top of all this was doing door-to-door.I honestly am growing to love door-to-door more than any other form of spreading the gospel.It allows you to meet people and to get to see how they live,exchange ideas and to form new beautiful bonds.

What missionary work has taught me is,it's not only about just sharing the good news and it ends there.It's also about building relationships.You learn to love these souls and appreciate them.I am slowly learning that there's more to mission work that sharing scriptures.It's about showing compassion,being able to lend your ear to others and more.We need love that will be interested in the individuals we seek to evangelize,beyond the mere formals.

Christianity calls us out of being anti-social.In fact,I think the reason many of us err in making a good impression to those we seek to draw to Christ is because,we're not interested in them as individuals.We just want to pass the message and warn them without even developing a relationship-showing an interest in their well-being,caring,sharing,helping and more.We need to be willing to invest in these relationships too;considering that eternal issues are at stake.


4.Thankful for a friend I've found in Grace :)....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...