Thursday 23 April 2015

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG,HOW DO YOU REACT?

Yesterday,as I was coming from school late(ish) to where I stay,I got robbed.The guy appeared out of nowhere and he wanted my phone and money.I gave my phone with the hope that he will leave.To my surprise,he grabs my bag and runs with my bag.And as I was screaming,running after him,I thought,"what if he has a knife and his friends are waiting somewhere"?Anyway that bag had most of my school resources so I will suffer a bit.But atleast my life has been preserved and I'm unharmed.I thank God!

But out of frustration,I wondered,"Why me"?I got angry a bit and thought of all the things I could have done to prevent the robber from taking my bag.I'm still shaken.But God has comforted me,through the Holy Spirit.

From this whole experience I've learnt I need to forgive,even those who harm me;because when I sin I harm God and he still forgives me.Further on,God gave each one free will and sadly it got messed up when sin entered.So,God is NOT responsible for any evil that is done-each man is responsible for his actions NOR  can he control men to do what their want without their consent.So,we shouldn't rally ask,'Why me?',instead,'What is the lesson for me to learn'?

What comforts me is knowing,all the evils that have been to us will be avenged and all the pain will go away.And the instigator of all this evil,pain,mystery going on and those he has used will be killed to never harass us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt. Sorry about the criminals :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...