Thursday 9 April 2015

FEMININITY IS BEAUTIFUL,PART1 :

Feminity:the quality of being feminine,womanhood
Feminine:traits found in a woman

Lately,God has been impressing upon my heart the need to be feminine.It's something I've been struggling with and I  missed how I had to do it practically.

But come to think of it:God has impressed the need for me to be feminine around the age of 15.I remember in grade 9 how girls in my class would be touched by guys in their cheeks and even receive kisses on their cheeks.And I personally detested it and they never dared to come close to me.But at times I'd wonder if I wasn't being too hard or unfriendly.

As I continued to observe older girls in my church,they never had this virtue.Yes,they dressed in a girly manner and they led me to believe me that this is being feminine.And as I continued to attend camps girls would be attracting the attention of guys and they'd be group of girls who would have group of guys from a certain church and they'd visit each other.And in most cases,these friendships turned into relationships and as I watched this,I got discouraged and stopped being a Pathfinder and to some extent I disliked church.

One thing I also hated was the eagerness to do a programme because a certain brother would be there but at the time I thought I was being silly and negative.Last year,I was at home and I'd watch how unmarried girls will talk to married guys,as if they were one of their buddies.I really found this disturbing but I convinced myself that I was being too critical of others.But what had been on my mind was how the wives of these men must feel as they witnessed this.So,I tried to maintain a reserve and respect these married men.

But there were instances when I thought,"I'm awkward,let me loosen up"!But I would feel bad afterwards.So I learnt that I needed to guard how I reacted around males.I wasn't friends with the guys in my church and I thought maybe I'm really awkward!But it is now that I realize I am not awkward.I need to preserve my dignity and those of my brothers by not doing anything that will harm them spiritually and I have now decided to only speak that which will honor Christ when with them.

But this doesn't mean I am going to be cold.No,I will greet them and ask how they are but I will not confide in them.For some time I was struggling to link being modest and being kind.I thought I shouldn't even speak with males but that's not the case.But all should be done in the truest sense of love,not to draw their attention to me.And I still struggle,especially when I'm talking about something I am passionate about BUT God is helping me.For me,it always helps to say a prayer before engaging in a conversation with brothers so that I do not dishonour God or find myself having to take back what I've said.

I am still learning and I am depending on God to develop this trait in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...