Saturday 25 April 2015

I salute the reformers!

The world celebrates men who fought for equality for everyone;but today I want to recognize those who gave up life and comfort for true freedom.Freedom from lust and sin is the greatest freedom.I thank God for the likes of John Wycliffe,Martin Luther,Melancthon,Froment,John Knox,Calvin,Farel,Lefevre,Berquin and many more.

These men are the ones that have dared to stand and say,"The Bible and the Bible alone".These are the men who opposed the false doctrines of Rome and declared,even in the face of death,"I will not recant unless you show me my error from the Scriptures" and to God and to them I will forever be grateful.I am grateful that these men were faithful unto death,fire and many painful sufferings.If it wasn't for these men we would never have the gift of the Word of God and the truth would not have travelled to my mom's generation and mine and they are my heroes.

And my appeal is that we may join these men in their efforts of making the truth known and to share in their struggles for great was the price paid on Calvary for each one of us.It is my prayer that we will not take lightly the gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...