Friday 2 September 2016

Reflection # 2 :GOD KNOWS BEST


Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.-John 13:7

God knows the whys,and one day we shall too.Sometimes, after everything has played out,we then get the answers to whys and always there's an affirmation that God knows best.If there's one lesson I learnt last year,then it's about God knowing best.I learnt that God really looks beyond the now when He answers a prayer.I came to study at the University of Western Cape last year.Unfortunately,I did not receive a place in the student residences.That meant I had to rent and with my mother living  from selling different products,I was really stressed.

I murmured to God.I'd constantly wish I was living on campus.But when the fees must fall movement started,it then became clear why I never got a place on campus.The students were traumatized,constantly having the strikers knocking on their doors and expecting them to join the march.As I look back,I see God's righteous hand upholding me.

One thing that also saddened me was the fact that I couldn't attend Wednesday prayer meetings and Sabbath opening on Fridays. But I would have these in my room.I'd always sing on Friday,knowing that I needed not to go back and study.I had  the time to sing all my favorite songs.As I continued to do this, I started enjoying these moments.They taught me how to enjoy being in God's presence.And at times, I really miss these moments.

I often feel myself longing for time alone with God beside the devotional time- especially when I do not spend enough time with God.So, I believe God knew I needed this time to strengthen our relationship.As much as fellowship is important in the Christian life and we're advised to fellowship (Hebrews 10:5),it should not be the basis of our relationship with God.We should first love to commune with God alone.

I also learnt to trust in God.God provided a bursary and everything was taken care of. The were times where I did not know where money for groceries would come from or this or that;but God always provided at the right time.As he fed His servant Elijah,he fed me too.By working on the hearts of his servants,my twin and providing for my parents.

So,as I continue to marvel at how everything turns out well,how the Nos have served their purpose,I can testify that He is the Alpha and the Omega,seeing where we cannot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...