Tuesday 20 September 2016

Reflections continued

Reflection #8: Lean on the arm of God alone,the arm of flesh gets weary.....that's what being 23 has enforced.People change,they get weary and you cannot trust on those with limited strength.Allow God to see you through and He never gets weary of you.He's one person you can mourn to withour feeling ashamed that your healing process took longer.

Reflection #9: Be patient with children

I'm all for disciplining children. I do once in a while-not proud of it.But I've realized how easy it is to want to discipline a child,forgetting we were once children.There must be a balance between understanding they are children and time for discipline.I have found that it helps to just be calm when disciplining a child.I normally wait and I later ask the if what she did was right?It's easier for them to reflect and see their wrongdoing.But with said,I'm nor a parent and I'm no expert.

Reflection # 10:Don't be scared to ask for prayers.It does get tough and you need to surround yourself with prayerful people.They are better than gold.

Reflection #11:Be honest

Hardest to especially when one has wronged you.I carry the notion that people should know  when they have erred you.But they can't-since we view things differently.I had a recent experience where mu friend called me aside and showed me how I had wronged her.Although I was ashamed,as I did not know,I really appreciated it.It is better than having someone smile while inside they detest something you did.It's like those friendships where people stop talking to you and you wonder where you erred.Personally,I can't pretend.You don't speak to me,I distance myself,especially after many attempts to be there.I find these situations confusing and childish.


Reflection #12:Enjoy your singlehood and make the most of it

This is such a wonderful season.A season to know God intimately-continually choosing Him.A season to improve in every area,to grow,to learn BUT mostly to serve God with an undivided heart.I have personally realized that this season brings more joy when you serve others.If spent in idleness,the devil will start insinuating that you need a relationship.

Eleven reflections to go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...