Wednesday 12 September 2018

Help Me Understand




I've been reflecting a bit about some of the tendencies that we have as women when our hearts are unconverted. We become strange, we become the strange woman. Why is it that we hate each other so much as women? Why are we so intent on breaking each other? What do we gain from all of this? What do you gain when another women is hurting? How can her pain bring happiness to you? How is her pain or flaw making you better as a Christian?

Furthermore, what is about men that makes us so willing to sacrifice ourselves, values & our relationship with God? Why? I pray God gives us the eye salve. I pray He reminds us that anything besides Him is a 'broken cistern' with no substance. I pray God help us to desire Him and no else.

May this be our deepest longing:

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.-Psalm 73:25

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.-Ephesians 3:14-19













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...