Monday 10 September 2018

20. Choose friends wisely through prayer

I am thankful to God regarding the gift of friendship. I have come to value friendships immensely. But I realize the importance of choosing wisely because friends play such a huge role in one's life. I have come to realize that, if  a friendship leads me to a closer relationship to God and I do not find myself having to compromise principles, then it's good. I also appreciate honest friends who tell me when I err. I have such an one in Sharon's mom (whoop whoop). Haha!

I am also thankful for Thami's friendship. Each experience with her has made realize how much I need God. Man, I'm just thankful to have someone I can share my experiences with without feeling ashamed. She is the kind of a friend who literally takes your hand and tells you to not be afraid. And she does this with so much affection and genuineness. God bless her soul. I am thankful for every other friendship because it challenges me to become a better person.

19. Life makes sense when you serve others.

My best days are  the ones when I am a better daughter, sister, friend & server to those I come into contact with. Misery really comes when there's no purpose in my life.

18. Appreciate and Invest in your youth!!!

Man, I look back and feel like I haven't lived at all. Where did the time go?! I want my youth back. I think I spent a great portion of my youth self-conscious and closed in. I then started to think about marriage at 20 LOL. Why???? Now, I'm out here thinking, thank God you saved from getting married from such a young age. There's so much I still need to do. But my advice to those younger than me would be: to not be fearful and closed in such that you miss out on great opportunities. No need to rush. Just enjoy each stage because it does get real. And once in a while you wish you can be a baby with no cares.

17. Have a personal relationship with God

You really need one and it's awesome too. I've realized that sometimes we can be friends with those who have a deeper relationship with God and be deceived into having a sense of security; while we do not even know God. We each need to pursue God individually and we must never fall into the trap of comparing our own relationship with God with what others have with Him. OWN IT. BE OBSESSED WITH HIM. So worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...