Monday 3 September 2018

BIRTHDAY MONTH~GOODBYE 24!



I don't know what is it that makes me excited about birthdays.Particularly mine. But I really think they afford one an opportunity to reflect on life's journey and really get to appreciate life. But above all, you get to reflect on God's grace and really count your blessings. I really don't believe it helps to dwell on the past. I don't think it adds any value. You can just take what you can and learn from your mistakes.

I'm thankful that I've learnt a lot of invaluable lessons in the past 24 years of life.

24. Center your affections on God- let Him be your sole source of love, significance and everything else.

I learnt this the hard way. But I am really thankful for the experience because it made me realize that God wasn't my all. And unfortunately when He isn't, we are likely to lose ourselves.

And this doesn't need to happen in the context of a relationship only; it also happens in friendships. When you start getting your sense of meaning from friends you really only harm yourself. I remember I had this experience earlier this year. I was no longer on whatsApp and I was quite disappointed that my friends didn't make an effort to get my other contacts. And then when we reconnected it was a bit one-sided at times. I was a bit hurt. But as God reached out to me, I realized I had misplaced my affections. And in return, I was feeling disappointed. The whole experience led me to conclude that no love that mortal gives can satisfy the deepest longings and the void that fills us when we do not have a deep, intimate relationship with God.

23. IF you're a Christian: Do you love God Himself or His Things? I'll explain this when I can express it clearly.

23. Cherish your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...