Wednesday 5 September 2018

Sometimes it's not one sided at ALL





On my previous post I shared a bit on parenting and how sometimes  parents do err. But it will be unbecoming of me to not make mention of those brothers who are dedicated to their children and do all in their power to ensure the best for them.

So today I celebrate M,who has dedicated himself to ensuring all her daughter's needs are met. Who has worked tirelessly for the good of his child. M, I am so proud of you. Preparing for your child's arrival has made you more responsible and accountable. It's made you think of the relationship you want to have with her. What I appreciate is that you realize that as much as parenting includes making sure that the child is well fed and clothed, you also realize it's about spending quality time with your child and never making it about materialistic things. I love the fact that you want to be present. I love how you keep on saying you want to be your daughter's best friend. I think your daughter is blessed to have a father like you! I am also so happy that you are mindful of the values you want to teach her.

I hope we'll look back at this post, a year later, and marvel at how beautiful fatherhood is!

Also see this article:http://brotherjesseblog.com/black-men-black-fathers-accepting-challenges-embracing-responsibility/

Image Source:

Brother Jesse Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...