Monday 31 August 2015

No need for amusement:Part1

I'm currently in the Libray and there's a female student laughing while she's watching idols.I pity her.That used to be me last year.I used to watch comedy and TV just so I could be amused.But thanks be to God for the working He's wrought in me and still continues to do.I need no comedy,novel,tv or whatever to amuse me.The human body that I'm currently studying and the Bible are enough and they are amusing enough for me.

I look at precious moments I've wasted in such amusements as TV,novels and others and I wish I could reverse the time.But I'm grateful for the time the Lord still affords me.I never knew the joy that came from reading the Bible and Spirit of  Prophecy.The great thing about these is that they make you understand God and his will for your life more and your secret faults are revealed so that the Lord can help you in them while time affords :).

While many are laughing at comedy and are being fascinated by the most current series,drama,soapie;the devil is doing all he can to lead them to eternal ruin.The thing about such amusements is that they draw you away from reality and life's realities such as probation,putting away of sin are put off.

We have no time to waste in such amusemens.

"Everything that does not strengthen our piety imperils the soul. Everything that does not strengthen our Christian walk puts our soul in danger"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...