Sunday 9 August 2015

8th August 2015

This was the best Sabbath of my life.I really thank God for yesterday's message as it was really directed at me.I learnt a lot of things and some views I held were corrected.I thought I knew,but  I didn't and praises go to the most high God who seeks to lead us to repentance.And how can I forget the company?I was really blessed by the sisters-kind and through speaking with them I learnt a lot about myself and things I need to correct.

One of the things we discussed really got me and it's something that has been on my heart for quite some time and the Lord recently reproved me of.

One of the sisters I was speaking to mentioned how we as sisters are so far apart and we do not get along.This is because we judge each other and sometimes even pretend to be people we're not,such that it becomes hard for us to approach one another.It's sad!

And I'm learning that we're really need to do something about this.Many of our sisters are suffering in silence and we actually need to start being there for each other so that we can support each other.And it starts with being real:not acting like we have it together so that others can feel comfortable with coming to us.

I also think when we are so focused in Christ,so focused on pleasing Him and being what He would have us be.When we do,we won't have time for other people's faults;instead we need to pray.I am learning we have poor idea of what it means to "carry" each other's burdens.We literally need to be sisters-there for each other but at the end of it all,we should be strengthened to stand alone in Christ and be content in Him.

It's easier when you know you're not the one struggling.And you're encouraged to take your burdens to the Lord :).


#Lessons
#Learning from other sisters
#Together,as Heirs of Heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...