Tuesday 15 March 2016

Am I normal? Thankful for my mama!


I'm currently in another province,which means I''m far from my mom.The problem is,a week cannot pass without me calling my mom-more than once a week at times and this is starting to worry me.Last year,I was also in Cape Town but two weeks could pass without me calling her.

There's just something about hearing my mom's voice.It's home.I can tell her about my struggles,my worries,what God is teaching me etc.And the interesting thing is,we were not this close when I was 18.Years passed and it became easy to open up to her-but initially I'd speak indirectly about something I was going through.But through God's grace,now I can tell her everything :).And the cool thing about her is,she allows me to make my own decisions-her only counsel is me not sinning against God.Even better,if she advises me on something,she understands that I might not follow her advice since I have my own goals (but her advice is always on point,pity it took me time to realize this  ).

I believe we all can have close relationships with our mothers.The thing is,any relationship is two sided- our mothers do actually want us to come to them when we need counsel,when we are hurting etc,but they sometimes do not know how to make us comfortable enough.So,as children we also have the responsibility to be open to our parents-even if it's awkward at first,but the more you do it,the better.

We've gotten to a point where we sometimes chat until 2 A.M and these memories count more than taking a selfie together.

I am just grateful,grateful to have someone who will always be there for me and who's ever supportive.I'm grateful that my mom lets me talk without interrupting me LOL.Okay,let me explain:there are certain things I'm passionate about sharing,like my devotion,and so I can go on for 10 minutes until my brain reminds me that I've got to let my mom talk.I'm also grateful that she has a teachable spirit and she's not afraid to admit when she's wrong.But most of all,thankful that God is able to bind the heart of mother to her child's.

I am blessed!And her existence is something I do not take lightly.It's a comforting thought to know there will always be someone who has my back and that is my beloved mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Wednesday: the good men that I cross paths with

I love my job because I get to meet people from different walks of life. There's been one elderly man who has become a father figure to...